Gout is a form of arthritis that affects one or more joints at once, especially the feet and ankles. Gout herbal remedies are very popular today because they offer relief without the need for prescriptions. These natural remedies for gout are also less expensive and have no side effects.
- Bilberry – Also known by the European blueberry, this fruit has been used for years to treat gout. It is rich in anthocyanins, which help to reduce inflammation and minimize painful swelling. It also contains antioxidants that help to reduce the incidence or force of attacks. They do this by lowering the body’s levels of uric acid. This herbal tea can be purchased as a supplement or as a herbal tea at nutritional stores.
- Nettle root – This is one the most effective gout herbal remedies. Because of its throbbing pain, it is also known as “stingingnettle”, which helps to reduce uric acid. The diuretic nature of nettle root makes it a good choice for relieving symptoms. It allows the kidneys to flush out excess acid. This herb is also a natural antihistamine that helps reduce swelling. It can be used in soups, where heat reduces the stinging.
- Celery seed – Celery seeds are an effective treatment for gout symptoms. It can also reduce joint swelling. It helps to eliminate excess uric acid from the body. This herbal remedy is not recommended if you have allergies.
- Devil’s claw – This herb can reduce uric acid levels and eliminate toxic wastes. It is also effective in preventing gout attacks. Devil’s claw is used to relieve gout pain and also to help people with lower back pain and arthritis.
- Lime juice – This is one of the most effective gout herbal remedies. It is very active in reducing the amount of uric acid in your kidneys. Gout can be treated by drinking at least four glasses of lime juice mixed with water every day. This will provide fast relief.
Gout herbal remedies are very effective in relieving pain and preventing attacks. They have no side effects. To prevent future attacks, you should also take other precautionary measures, such as diet modification, exercise, avoiding smoking, and limiting alcohol intake.