¿Por qué seguir una dieta para prevenir la gota?
Gout symptoms should be reduced as the main goal of any good gout prevention diet. This can be achieved by reducing the intake of purine-rich foods. These foods often trigger gout and increase the blood uric acid, which makes the pain worse. A doctor can help you find the best gout prevention diet. However, there are many things that you can do on your own. This diet eliminates many foods that men love to eat. Gout is a condition that almost exclusively affects men. Gout doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to stop eating. It might be a chance to discover new foods and ways to enjoy old favorites.
The best thing about a gout friendly diet? It doesn’t have to be restrictive. But that doesn’t mean that a person can eat what they want whenever they want without worrying about a flare-up. Gout sufferers can get relief from the symptoms by following the prescribed diet. If medication is taken as directed, they may experience long periods of’remission’ without having to deal with the flare-ups and pain.
Purines are higher in meats, so they should be avoided. But, you don’t have to live without them. Organ meats are the most problematic, and many people don’t like them. These include liver and kidney meats. Fish like mackerel and herring can also contain high levels of purines. Dry beans can also be problematic. While other meats are less harmful, they still contain more purines. It is a good idea not to consume more than six ounces of meat, fish, or poultry per day. You can drink alcohol in moderation. It is best to avoid alcohol completely.
Ataques de gota
These can be slowed by alcohol, so abstinence is important. Water is good for almost all health conditions, and this is no exception. To feel your best, drink as much water as you can. While many vegetables are good for your body, people with gout should avoid asparagus, mushrooms, peas, lentils, and other dark green veggies during flare-ups. These foods should be consumed in moderation at all other times. Gout sufferers should avoid processed foods and foods high in oil or deep-fried.
- Color is fun: Keep your diet interesting and colorful. Tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, bananas and fruit juices.
- Dairy: Low-fat dairy is fine. These are usually just as delicious as the regular varieties. After a while, you will probably prefer low-fat options.
- Chocolate: This is the one thing that no one wants to hear about when they are on a special diet. Good news is that chocolate can be enjoyed by people with gout.
- Fish: While some fish are prohibited, people with gout can still eat tuna and salmon. Both are versatile and can be enjoyed in many ways.
- Caffeine: You don’t have to stop drinking coffee or tea if you are trying to prevent gout. You can drink carbonated beverages, but you should only choose sugar-free if a doctor recommends it. Decaf is a better choice if caffeine becomes a problem.