Gout can cause more problems than the symptoms. Gout can cause heat, pain, stiffness, swelling, arthritis symptoms, loss of sleep, and redness to the affected area. Gout can be a serious condition if it is not treated. Gout can also lead to the silent killer, high blood pressure, and the painful condition of kidney stones. Gout should never be treated with pain medication. Your life could be at risk! Gout can be treated naturally without having to make a $100 hospital visit. How? Start by changing your diet. Here are some tips to help you stay gout-free.
- Mooo! You should immediately start to consume more LOW-FAT dairy products.
- Purines are bad! Avoid high levels of purines. Purines can cause gout when they are broken down in the body. Red meats, liver, kidneys and tripe are all high in purines. Gout can also be caused by fish!
- Water is better than alcohol! Again, what? Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water per day and limit your alcohol intake. You should not have more than one drink per night if you do choose to drink alcohol.
- Pass the fruit! Vitamin C is a great way to prevent gout. You might also consider taking ‘gout-fighting Vitamin C’ supplements.
- Reduce calories Did you know that Americans eat twice as much food each day? You will be surprised at how much we are overweight and more susceptible to gout if you look around. A reduction of 50 calories per meal can help you lose around 15-20 pounds each year. Switch to diet soda and watch out for condiments. Cut down on the chocolate! Gout symptoms will diminish over time.
- Take a walk. Gout can be caused by being overweight. Take a walk every night or join a gym. Take it slow and have fun.
- Get on the Weight Train! It’s easier than you might think! You will be amazed at how easy it is for you to lift weights if you join a gym. Just look at the posters and give it a shot! Everyone had to learn at one time or another, so don’t be ashamed! You will burn more calories if you lift weights than you run/walk because your body repairs your muscles throughout the day. Gout-free is possible with a hard body.
You just saved $100 and now you can learn how to treat gout yourself. Gout is a condition that you can manage naturally by eating the right foods, exercising, and even choosing appropriate herbs/fruits/foods when you have a gout attack. It is true! Gout attacks can be treated with a natural remedy that works within minutes.