Why To Try Natural Remedies For Gout?
Gout is a common condition that affects more than 2,000,000 Americans. It is caused by high levels of uric Acid, a waste product of the body’s tissues. Uric Acid is carried from the blood to the kidneys for elimination in urine. Gout is caused by excessive uric acid production. Exceeding uric acid can cause severe inflammation and pain by forming tiny crystals in the joints. Gout is a severe form of arthritis that can be so painful that it can cause severe pain. Gout causes a throbbing pain that can be felt at night. It can make the skin reddish and leave the joints tender and swollen for up to 10 days. Gout usually affects the big toe, but any joint can become tender. Gout is most common in middle-aged, overweight men.
Here are some natural remedies for gout.
- Rest and elevate the affected joint during an attack.
- The inflammation causes pain around the joints. It is best to get a painkiller to reduce swelling.
- Ice can be applied to the affected joint. It has a numbing action.
- Drinking large quantities of water can flush out excess uric acids before they get worse.
- Avoid foods high in purine. Higher levels of uric acid are caused by purine. You should avoid high-protein animal products like anchovies, animal livers, and sweetbreads.
- If you have had gout in the past, it is important to stop drinking alcohol. Beer has a higher level of purine than other beverages.
- Gout and high blood pressure can lead to serious problems.
High blood pressure can be caused by certain drugs that increase uric acid levels. You can lower your blood pressure naturally. Take care when taking vitamins. Too many vitamins can make gout worse. Attacks can be triggered by vitamin A and niacin. Mild cases of gout can be controlled with dietary changes. If you have persistent gout attacks, please consult your doctor. It can cause permanent damage to your kidneys and joints.